Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Screening Outgoing Mail for Content

From: Yakov Kravets <ygk () nb com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 14:00:30 -0400 (EDT)

On 04-Aug-98 Bruce B. Platt wrote:
Someone asked me to suggest a method to screen outbound mail for content.

That is, to screen all messages destined outside the local domain for
certain key words and
then forward the message to an internal "censor" if it contains words on the
"forbidden" word list.

Our company is required by SEC to monitor and archive all mail going in and out
the firm. I've implemented system that duplicates all mail that's going trough
the firewall and hands it off to a "journal" host. Using IMAP client compliance
people connect to "journal" host and review mail. It's also possible to run
automated scripts to search for key words.

ygk.

Yakov Kravets           |   E-Mail: Yakov Kravets <ygk () nb com>
Neuberger&Berman, LLC   |   Phone: (212) 476-9218
605 Third Ave.          |   Time: 13:44:26
New York, NY 10158      |   Date: 06-Aug-98