Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: network security book information sought

From: "Joseph S. D. Yao" <jsdy () cospo osis gov>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 19:51:40 -0400 (EDT)

There is a book on network security, called, I believe, Hacker-Proof, by Lars
Klander, published by Jamsa Press, for about $55.  (It apparently includes a CD
of several "demo" packages, including Gauntlet.)

I would be surprised if it included TIS Gauntlet.  Perhaps TIS FWTK,
its predecessor/ancestor?

Would you recommend any others?

Garfinckel & Spafford, PUIS.  Chapman & Zwicky.  Cheswick & Bellovin.
Rubin, Geer, & Ranum.  Security portions of Nemeth et al., and perhaps
of Aileen Frisch.  Garfinckel [& Zimmerman???], PGP.

There are others, but I don't have them in front of me.

Surprisingly, an IDG book called Network Security Secrets, for the MS
stuff.  It's probably out of date now, but it had uses some years ago.

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () cospo osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO Computer Support                                          EMT-A/B