Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Re: Q on external router

From: "Wei Li" <networkman () mailexcite com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 04:44:45 -0700

Bay Networks has a switch that restricts the ports to a specific MAC address, this
provides some physical security.  I guess that's about as close it gets.

As far as death, taxes and sendmail bugs, I'm sure someone is working on a fix :-)

My 2 cents.

---
Wei Li
networkamn () mailexcite com
wei () networkman com
www.networkman.com

Adam Shostack writes:
     Do not rely on switches because switches are not designed for
security.

      Based on that logic, there's just about nothing you CAN
rely on, except death, taxes, and sendmail bugs.

mjr.
--
Marcus J. Ranum, CEO, Network Flight Recorder, Inc.
work - http://www.nfr.net

http://www.mailexcite.com