Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Free AV for Macs recommendation?

From: Mac McGaughy <jmcgaug1 () UNCC EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 13:27:56 -0400

Here at UNC Charlotte, we use Cisco Amp for our University systems, but we
recommend Sophos (home edition) for student macs and personal devices.  At
one point we used Sophos enterprise for our Macs and it worked really well,
it just did not give us the same visibility and Protection as a full EPR.
---------------------------
Jessie McGaughy | CISSP-ISSAP <https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP>,
CISSP, <https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP> CCSP
<https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CCSP>, PMP
<https://www.pmi.org/certifications/types/project-management-pmp>, C|EH
<https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/>, ITIL
<https://www.axelos.com/best-practice-solutions/itil>
Chief Information Security Officer
UNC Charlotte | Kennedy Bldg 330B
9201 University City Blvd | Charlotte, NC 28223
jmcgaug1 () uncc edu <jbeauman () uncc edu> | Phone: 704-687-8548
itservices.uncc.edu
If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission or a person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or other use of any of the information in this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail or by telephone.
Thank you.