Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Free AV for Macs recommendation?

From: "King, Ronald A." <raking () NSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 17:25:23 +0000

Talk to your apple engineer. MAC OS is supposed to have built-in AV along with the other security "enhancements."

We use the on prem Sophos Endpoint Protection as our main AV vendor. It includes MACs.

Free AV suggestions could also include AVG and Sophos Home. I personally use Sophos Home. Sophos has a MAC version.

Ron

Ronald King
Director of OIT Security

Office of Information Technology
(757) 823-2916 (Office)
raking () nsu edu<mailto:raking () nsu edu>
www.nsu.edu<http://www.nsu.edu/>
@NSUCISO (Twitter)
[NSU_logo_horiz_tag_4c - Smaller]