Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Free AV for Macs recommendation?

From: "Ullman, Catherine" <cende () BUFFALO EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 16:10:50 +0000

Good afternoon!

Like many institutions, we are balking at the cost of the SEP renewals and starting to think about some alternatives
including no longer including students in our SEP renewal.  As a result, we'll probably recommend Windows Defender for
M$ systems, but we'd need a free option for students who use Macs.  Any recommendations for a free AV product for Mac
out there?  Of course if anyone has any other feedback, we'd be open to hearing it as well.

Thank you in advance.

Best,
Cathy

Dr. Catherine J Ullman
Senior Information Security Forensic Analyst
Information Security Office
University at Buffalo
cende () buffalo edu<mailto:cende () buffalo edu>