Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Sample GDPR consent forms for Higher Education

From: Joanna Grama <jgrama () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 17:53:18 +0000

Hello,
The University of Cambridge recently shared their GDPR toolkit with EDUCAUSE. You can find it here:
https://library.educause.edu/resources/2018/4/toolkit-to-help-university-institutions-prepare-for-new-data-protection-legislation-gdpr

There is some example consent language in the templates at the back of the toolkit.  They are broken up by type of
consent needed, because the consent requirements for GDPR require specific consent for a specified purpose.  It looks
like the creators of the Cambridge toolkit tried to outline some of the most common scenarios.

If you have general counsel that belongs to NACUA, ask them to check the NACUA library for documentation examples. My
understanding is that there are a number available there for NACUA members.

Kind regards,
Joanna

Joanna Grama, JD, CISSP, CRISC, CIPT
Director of Cybersecurity and IT GRC Programs

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
282 Century Place, Suite 5000, Louisville, CO 80027
direct: 720.406.6769 | jgrama () educause edu<mailto:jgrama () educause edu>

Become a Member- Everyone at your organization is an EDUCAUSE member when you join | Access discounts, resources, and
valuable peer networks | Discover membership<https://www.educause.edu/about/discover-membership>