Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

SOP for Managing Phishing/Ransomware Attempts

From: Christopher Jones <Christopher.Jones () UFV CA>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 21:56:17 +0000

We are looking at revamping our current procedures for managing phishing and ransomware attempts.  What we have in
place now is fairly informal, but are looking to develop a more formal plan.  If anyone has gone through this process
and would be willing to share, that would be most appreciated.  Specifically, we could use information such as:

     1. Thresholds for when to generate general university-wide alerts
     2. Number of phishing messages received before a "search and destroy" operation is implemented to remove malicious
messages from inboxes

Thanks.

Christopher Jones
IT Security Analyst