Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: gamer clubs

From: Mike Iglesias <iglesias () UCI EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 14:48:31 -0700

On 04/05/2016 01:55 PM, Sprague, Randy wrote:
Hello, I have been requested to provide connectivity for a gamer club using
the college’s network and internet connection. What are others doing? Am I
over reacting by not allowing such activity?

We've had several requests like that, usually when a gamer club is having a
get-together in our student center.  We set up a network for them that only
has access to off-campus hosts and our campus VPN in case any of our students
want to connect to an on-campus host.  We haven't had any issues so far.

--
Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias () uci edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926