Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Ending Soon: SANS Discounts through REN-ISAC Program

From: "Milford, Kim" <kmilford () IU EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 13:03:51 +0000

According to Nopsec's 2015 State of Vulnerability Risk Management Report [1], remediation of vulnerabilities in the
education sector takes an average of 176 days.  What is the solution to the six month delay?

To help organizations meet challenges like slow response time by ensuring staff skills are up-to-date in thwarting and
mitigating threats, REN-ISAC [1] has a special aggregate buy program in partnership with the SANS Institute that allows
you to improve your security posture within limited budgets. Through this partnership we provide an opportunity for you
to purchase SANS Technical Training and Security Awareness Training for security professionals, developers, and end
users at highly discounted pricing. *This offer is only available during our Aggregate Purchase Program window from now
until July 31, 2015,***for accredited educational institutions in the US and Canada, including universities, colleges,
technical training institutes, and K-12 schools.

To learn more about the programs available through the SANS/REN-ISAC aggregate purchase program, view our archived
webcast, requests quotes, and order training, please visit *http://www.ren-isac.net/programs/sans.html*.

 Contact us at sans () ren-isac net<mailto:sans () ren-isac net> <mailto:sans () ren-isac net<mailto:sans () ren-isac
net>>with any questions.

[1] http://info.nopsec.com/rs/736-UGK-525/images/NopSec_StateofVulnRisk_WhitePaper_2015.pdf
[2] www.ren-isac.net<http://www.ren-isac.net>

Kim Milford

Executive Director
Research and Education Networking - Information Sharing and Analysis Center / www.ren-isac.net<http://www.ren-isac.net/>
24x7 Watch Desk:  +1(317) 278-6630, soc () ren-isac net<mailto:soc () ren-isac net>

2719 E. 10th Street, Suite 201 /   Bloomington, IN 47408
office: +1(317) 278-4815 / cell: +1(317) 625-7800 / fax: +1(812) 856-7400
kmilford () ren--isac net<mailto:kmilford () ren--isac net>
https://www.linkedin.com/company/ren-isac