Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: The latest gaming consoles conundrum

From: Frank Barton <bartonf () HUSSON EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 13:50:31 -0400

We don't make special allowances for gaming consoles, they are, for all
intents and purposes, the same as any other untrusted device in the
residence halls. We do run into other problems though. our residence halls
are behind a NAT, and we are seeing issues with consoles connecting to
various online services. Bandwidth doesn't seem to be the issue, I am
wondering if it could be a connection limit on the service's end. Has
anybody else seen anything similar?

Thank You
Frank

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 10:48 AM, Erlenbeck, Philip <perlenbe () umflint edu>