Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Mobile Device Management - Cloud or On Site?

From: Brett Wasley <brett.wasley () GALLAUDET EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 09:04:36 -0400

Hello Everyone,

Currently we use the KACE products for PC/Asset management and are
exploring options for Mobile Device Management (MDM). I was hoping you
would share what MDM solutions you recommend (or not) - the solution could
be either Cloud or on site.

We are really trying to balance Academic Research and freedom while
ensuring the security/integrity of our data and infrastructure and need a
better way to "monitor" Academic mobile devices.

Thanks in advance to all that reply and have a great Labor Day weekend.

Regards,
Brett Wasley, CISSP
Information Security Officer, Gallaudet Technology Services
Gallaudet University
800 Florida Ave., NE
Washington, D.C. 20002-3695
202.651.5203 (v) 410.507.2595 (v)
brett.wasley () gallaudet edu <brett.wasley () galluadet edu>