Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Legal Hold

From: "Mark I. Berman" <mberman () SIENA EDU>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 05:05:46 -0600

Bill,

We are a Google Apps school here at Siena. We used to use Postini for discovery archiving but switched to Google Vault
when it became available. In both cases an archive of all email is cloud based. Access to the archive is restricted to
College Counsel and the CIO. I'm not necessarily happy about the latter but I need to be able to help out the lawyer
and also to have the access to be able to change the permissions if the position of Counsel turns over.

If you don't like the cloud storage option for security or accessibility reasons, Barracuda makes an email archiving
appliance.

Regards,

 - Mark
-
Mark Berman, Chief Information Officer
Siena College
515 Loudon Road
Loudonville, NY  12211
(518)782-6957,  Fax: (518)783-2590
Siena College is a learning community advancing the ideals of a liberal arts education, rooted in its identity as a
Franciscan and Catholic institution.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is
prohibited. If you received this e-mail and are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender by e-mail reply