Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SaaS responsibilities

From: Nick Lewis <nlewis () INTERNET2 EDU>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 17:52:16 +0000

Hi Thomas,

For the enterprise scale cloud apps, we're trying to address some of your questions through the Internet2 NET+
initiative:

http://www.internet2.edu/vision-initiatives/initiatives/internet2-netplus/

We have requirements around identity management, security, accessibility, etc. We have fairly rigorous security
requirements in the contracts and engage with the campus information security staff during the NET+ service validation
for the service validation campuses to sign-off on the security on the service provider.

On your question about identifying unknown cloud services, there are some vendors in this space that can help with this
and a couple are engaging in the NET+ security and identity portfolio.

Thanks,

Nick

Nick Lewis
NET+ Program Manager, Security and Identity
Internet2
nlewis () internet2 edu<mailto:nlewis () internet2 edu>