Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Firewall Vendors

From: Rich Graves <rgraves () CARLETON EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 19:20:26 -0400

We’re having some issues with the GUI, which is what they recommend using, but we’re used to the CLI. When you
purchased them, did they offer any type of training or offer training?

We got training units as part of our purchase 3 years ago. The class materials were an improvement over the
not-so-great documentation. CLI was not seriously covered.

They really don't have a CLI. They have an XPath API that you can use within an SSH session. "set cli
config-output-format set" will show you some things in a more IOS-style format, but it still doesn't make a lot of
sense to me. I use the GUI for interactive things and XML API for scripting.