Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: WSJ Article - A Contrarian View on Data Breaches

From: "Kingsley, Gene" <GKingsley () UMASSP EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 11:33:32 -0400

If you look at the NYSE stock ticker, the hit was brief.  Like TJMAXX, I think they championed the issue and with a
little marketing genius, came out okay.

The NYSE ticker is below in a 3 year view. The red ink loop is the portion reflective of breach discovery and aftermath.

[cid:image001.png@01CFB0A1.15E6E370]
http://investing.money.msn.com/investments/charts?symbol=US:TGT#{%22zRange%22:%227%22,%22startDate%22:%222011-8-5%22,%22endDate%22:%222014-8-4%22,%22chartStyle%22:%22mountain%22,%22chartCursor%22:%221%22,%22scaleType%22:%220%22,%22yaxisAlign%22:%22right%22,%22mode%22:%22pan%22}