Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: DMCA and NAT

From: Kay Avila <kay.avila () UNI EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 09:28:05 -0600

> Cisco's ASAs won't log NAT bind - setups and teardowns - unless you
> go to "debug" level.

As for the logging on the ASA, you can do that without turning on debug. You can adjust the level of individual log entries on the ASAs so you don't have to enable all debugging to see NAT setup/teardown.

So if you find the log ids for the NAT setups and teardowns (see [1]), you can change the severity level of the message -

logging message <message id> level <new level>

[1] http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/system/message/logmsgs.html

Kay Avila

--
Kay Avila