Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: DMCA and NAT

From: John Ladwig <John.Ladwig () SO MNSCU EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 20:20:49 +0000

Second the comment re: "insane" level of campus-border firewall logging necessary to respond to lawful requests.  We're
over 100GB/day across our 60ish campuses.

Cisco's ASAs won't log NAT bind - setups and teardowns - unless you go to "debug" level.  We do have a few of
noisy+useless message IDs which we don't send as well.  Dunno how much volume that saves us, though.

   -jml