Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: DMCA and NAT

From: Brian Helman <bhelman () SALEMSTATE EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 16:49:32 +0000

And that 10 minutes could be reduced to 1-2 if the complaints contained the needed information.  If the RIAA/MPAA want
our assistance, they should give us the information we need.  This is why SOPA is so dangerous.  The RIAA/MPAA will
have no responsibility in protecting their "own" IP... including incurring none of the enforcement costs.

All in all, I believe higher ed wants to act responsibly, but the more the (recording/movie) industry pushes, the more
I want to push back (anyone else have that StarWars Death Star scene and the line "the more you tighten your grip, the
more they slip through your fingers" stuck in your head now?  Ok, me neither.  Never seen it.).

/soapbox.

-Brian