Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

DMCA

From: "hall, rand" <rand () MERRIMACK EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:09:07 -0500

Hi David,

As with all issues of law, your first phone call should be to your legal
counsel. They are often Security's best friend.

I think you have misread the legislation. The institution only needs to
"effectively combat the UNAUTHORIZED distribution of copyrighted material".
(Emphasis mine)

Rand

Rand P. Hall
Director, Network Services                 askIT!
Merrimack College
978-837-3532
rand.hall () merrimack edu