Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: WPA2/Enterprise startup/rollout headaches...

From: Josh Richard <jrichar4 () D UMN EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 08:34:20 -0500

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Jeff Kell <jeff-kell () utc edu> wrote:
Many other annoyances.

Which makes me wonder now, is there enough
fuss left over to look at some "setup" tool like XpressConnect?  I haven't
tried an XP or Vista wireless yet, but it appears the "current" majority of
devices connect just fine.

In a perfect world most clients will continue to connect just fine.
Given our platform acceptance (everything) having something like
XpressConnect helps the support side.  It corrects the inexplicable
"is worked yesterday and nothing changed" support call which is
common. It also gives you an automated migration path from a
non-crypto SSID by demoting the other wireless networks in your RF
space.  That said, your mileage may vary.

Have a nice weekend.

--
Josh Richard
Information Technology Systems & Services