Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: WPA2/Enterprise startup/rollout headaches...

From: "Maloney, Michael" <mmaloney () MIDDLESEXCC EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:49:15 -0400

We run into similar problems all the time.  The big one is unless the
laptops are connected to your AD, you'll need to uncheck the box when
configuring the MS wireless client that says "AUTOMATICALLY USE MY
WINDOWS LOGON NAME AND PASSWORD (and domain if any).  Some XP
supplicants can detect this and automatically connect, but the base MS
configurations cannot.

Another thing to check is whether the wireless client is set to
authenticate as a computer first.    I've seen that a couple times when
someone has had trouble connecting..

Mike Maloney
Sr. System Engineer
Middlesex County College
2600 Woodbridge Avenue
Edison, NJ 08818
Phone: 732-906-7754
Cell: 908-217-2086
Fax: 732-906-4266
Email: mmaloney () middlesexcc edu <mailto:mmaloney () middlesexcc edu>