Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Endpoint Security

From: James Farr '05 <jfarr () UTICA EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:05:26 -0500

We went with Credant technologies cmg-enterprise-edition.  We are
implementing the software in a month so I cannot tell you about how well it
is performing.  Based on our review it was the least impact on a user's
every day experience, while still giving us the protection we needed.  WE
also got the removable media component.  This will protect all removable
media and some smart phones.  The sign on process is tied into AD.  It also
provide reporting features.

IITS will never ask you for your password.  Never email your password to
anyone.

James Farr

Information Security Officer

Instructional Technologist