Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: LDAPS

From: Bryan Fleming <bdflemin () OAKLAND EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:46:57 -0400

If you want to only allow port 636 to be used, you could always use the
Windows Firewall to block traffic for any requests going to port 389 and
that should solve that issue.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Chris Green <cmgreen () uab edu> wrote:

If I recall, you can turn on LDAPS but turning off LDAP was impossible.
  For us, we have that off on one server and can rotate the role.  I don’t
recall why it was a one-off server but it was something we may have had to
do either WC certs or load balancing for.

Better to ask this question on win-hied mailing list and get real gurus ;-)