Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: 802.1X for wired ports

From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () AUCKLAND AC NZ>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 08:18:24 +1200

On 16/06/2010, at 3:57 AM, David Gillett wrote:

  I believe 802.1X is a good solution for "inside" ports, but for "public access" ports a captive portal may be a
better option -- redirects browser requests to a login -page and blocks other traffic until login succeeds).  We
initially used BlueSocket for our wireless authentication, and it could easily be deployed this way.....

David Gillett