Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Directory Trolling

From: Daniel Bennett <dbennett () PCT EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:31:40 -0400

I am interested to know if any university has seen student abuse of their online public directory?  I have seen some
instances where students will use that directory to contact other students from a class and send a cancelation notice
to the students in a class when in fact the class was not canceled.

Thanks,
Daniel Bennett
IT Security Analyst
Pennsylvania College of Technology