Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

RDP access to Servers from computing staff workstations.

From: Eme Ejike <eejike () ODU EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 11:53:01 -0400

On the linux/Unix/solaris  environments, we have a bastion host set up
for management access to  servers from our computing  staff workstations.
However, no infrastructure was defined for access to the windows servers
which i am currently planning to set a structure for.
I would sincerely appreciate some feedback on how management access has
been setup  for access to the server environment from your computing
staff workstations.
What model  do most Security Admins  within our forum gravitate towards.

Thanks
E. Ejike
University Systems Security Officer