Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability scanners - what do you use? What seems to be successful for your environment?

From: Alex Jalso <acjalso () MAIL WVU EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 11:23:41 -0400

We're in the process of implementing Nessus Pro for infrastructure
scanning, and we've been using AppScan Standard for web application
scanning.  AppScan Standard has worked well for us and due to increasing
demand we're in the process of upgrading to AppScan Enterprise.

Alex Jalso, PMP
Senior Project Manager
Office of Information Security
infosecurity.wvu.edu ( http://infosecurity.wvu.edu/ )
West Virginia University
phone: 304-293-4457

"Ullman, Catherine" <cende () BUFFALO EDU> 5/25/2010 11:12 AM >>>

Greetings!

I am beginning to do some research into vulnerability scanners to be
used in assessing infrastructure weaknesses here at the University at
Buffalo.  I’m wondering if folks out there might be willing to share
with us what they’re using, if anything, and any experiences (good or
bad) you’ve had with any of these products.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Cathy

Catherine J. Ullman
Information Security Analyst