Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Thursday, 4/22: EDUCAUSE Live! Spotlight on Cloud Computing

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 06:34:21 -0600

This Thursday, April 22, we'll present our second monthly EDUCAUSE Live!
"Spotlight on Cloud Computing" Webcast.

"A Community Discussion of Google Apps"

http://www.educause.edu/live1010

1-2pm U.S. Eastern Time, Thursday, April 22. No charge, but registration
required. Archived for future (re)viewing.

Speakers:

Ted Fines
Assistant Director for Networked Services
Macalester College

David Sisk
Associate Director for Administration, Information Technology Services
Macalester College

The Google Apps hosted e-mail solution continues to draw a great deal of
interest from higher-education institutions. A recent informally planned
conference call with a few interested institutions snowballed into a web
conference with over a hundred institutions attending. Ted Fines and
David Sisk will focus on Macalester's experience with Google over the
past two years of integrating, maintaining, and supporting Google Apps
for their user community, with some analysis of why there is such high
interest in Google's hosted solution.

EDUCAUSE Live! on Twitter:

Use #EDULive to discuss this or any EDUCAUSE Live! Webcast on Twitter
before or after the event.