Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Email Spam (inbound and outbound) and Malware Protection

From: Mark Borrie <mark.borrie () OTAGO AC NZ>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 09:54:07 +1300

We deployed Sophos PureMessage quite a few years ago and are very happy with the results. We like the flexibility of the full version and haven't considered their appliance at this stage. PureMessage seems pretty good at stopping phishing attempts, although we still get users who release them from the quarantine and reply.

Mark

Feehan, Patrick wrote:

We are polling members to determine how they perform e-mail spam and malware protection:

·         How many outsource spam protection (e.g., to Postini)?

· How many perform spam protection in-house (e.g., using Ironport or Forefront)?

·         In either case, what service or application do you use?

·         In general, are you satisfied with your solution?

Any feedback is appreciated.

*/Patrick J. Feehan JD, CIPP
/*Director of IT Privacy & Cybersecurity Compliance
Montgomery College
(240) 567-3087
patrick.feehan () montgomerycollege edu <mailto:Patrick.Feehan () montgomerycollege edu>

--
Mark Borrie
Information Security Manager,