Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Spider scripts?

From: Eric Case <ecase () EMAIL ARIZONA EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 14:44:18 -0700

At 03:45 PM 4/29/2009 -0500, Theresa Semmens wrote:
We are currently working with Cornell's Spider to develop a process and tool
for our IT techs and others to scan computers for confidential data (SSNs
and CC#s).  Has anyone refined the scripts that Spider uses to help lower
the incidence of false positives?  If so, would you be willing to share them
with us?  You can reply to me offline if you like.  Thanks for your help in
this.

The University of Arizona's spider documentation/config/etc. can be
found here <http://security.arizona.edu/pi>.
-Eric

Eric Case, CISSP  <ecase () Arizona edu>
Information Technology Services Coordinator
Information Security Officer
College of Engineering   <http://www.Engr.Arizona.edu>
1127 E James E. Rogers Way Room 200
Tucson, AZ 85721-0020