Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Spider scripts?

From: Theresa Semmens <theresa.semmens () NDSU EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:45:55 -0500

We are currently working with Cornell's Spider to develop a process and tool
for our IT techs and others to scan computers for confidential data (SSNs
and CC#s).  Has anyone refined the scripts that Spider uses to help lower
the incidence of false positives?  If so, would you be willing to share them
with us?  You can reply to me offline if you like.  Thanks for your help in
this.

Theresa

Theresa Semmens, CISA
NDSU  Chief IT Security Officer
PO Box 6050
North Dakota State University
Fargo, ND 58108
Phone: 701-231-5870
FAX: 701-231-8541
Theresa.Semmens () ndsu edu

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a
tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein