Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Spider scripts?

From: "Baumstein,Avi H" <avi () UFL EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 17:10:43 -0400

On 4/29/09 4:45 PM, "Theresa Semmens" <theresa.semmens () NDSU EDU> wrote:

We are currently working with Cornell's Spider to develop a process and tool
for our IT techs and others to scan computers for confidential data (SSNs
and CC#s).  Has anyone refined the scripts that Spider uses to help lower
the incidence of false positives?  If so, would you be willing to share them
with us?  You can reply to me offline if you like.  Thanks for your help in
this.

Theresa,

Feel free to check out our version, we've had pretty good luck with it:

https://security.health.ufl.edu/ssntools/

-avi