Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Packet shaping / bandwidth enforcement

From: ken lindahl <lindahl () BERKELEY EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 13:20:59 -0800

hi Brent,

On 2/5/2009 10:47 AM, Brent Sweeny wrote:
is anyone making v6 support a requirement for these as well?

yes, i communicated an IPv6 requirement to my Packeteer sales guy. i
indicated that tossing all IPv6 traffic into a single class is not
good enough.

                                                             how does that
change the picture?

they went and sold themselves to BlueCoat very soon after.

cause/effect? you tell me. in any case i no longer know who to
pester. :-)

cheers,
ken