Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: key topics to include in security awareness training materials

From: "Donald, A. Wayne" <wdonald () VT EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 15:31:48 -0500

Tim,

Please take a look at our site (http://security.vt.edu) and you see some
links under Educational Resources.  The videos are protected for only VT
usage but consists of 9 videos with different security topics.  We do a
lot of presentations for faculty and staff, and normally catch students
at the beginning of each semester through orientations and large classes
(plus the Corp of Cadets, athletes, etc.).  There are still people that
we don't get and that's a challenge.

This year we have also done a number of ads in the student newspaper
(both the printed version and their online site).  That has been pretty
successful and was actually funded through a "parent's fund" set up
annually.

I would also encourage you to take a look at the EDUCAUSE security site
as they have a lot of good materials.