Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: key topics to include in security awareness training materials

From: Roger Safian <r-safian () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 10:57:53 -0600

At 10:51 AM 2/5/2009, Tim Cline put fingers to keyboard and wrote:
I wanted to send a very general email message to start a conversation on
security awareness. For those of you who have something that you
currently use for security awareness training and dissemination of
information, whether developed in-house or third-party courseware
management platform, could you send a reply and let me know what are the
key topics that you are covering?

We've started to put out security flyers.

<http://www.it.northwestern.edu/security/flyer.html>

The idea being is that these are placed in a casual location, say a break
room, and hopefully people pick up some security tips, while getting their
coffee.

This month's topic is emergency preparedness.

--
Roger A. Safian
r-safian () northwestern edu (email) public key available on many key servers.