Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Spammer got into my Webmail

From: Ben Spencer <ben.spencer () MOODY EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 04:38:21 -0500

Probably no help with this specific case or cleaning up, but, you might find
it useful to join the HIED-EMAILADMIN list (
<http://listserv.nd.edu/archives/hied-emailadmin.html>
http://listserv.nd.edu/archives/hied-emailadmin.html). That might also lead
you to  <http://code.google.com/p/anti-phishing-email-reply/>
http://code.google.com/p/anti-phishing-email-reply/ and
<http://groups.google.com/group/anti-phishing-email-reply-discuss>
http://groups.google.com/group/anti-phishing-email-reply-discuss list which
discuss these things and publish reply-to addresses which can be blocked
(once they are known) which all might be helpful with email matters (and
protecting yourself from future such issues).

Benji Spencer

System Administrator

Moody Bible Institute

Phone: 312-329-2288