Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SECURITY Digest - 8 Sep 2008 to 9 Sep 2008 (#2008-173)

From: "Erwin L. Carrow" <erwin.carrow () USG EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 08:28:36 -0400

"Two-Bits" of possibility:  Some IP spoofing tactics employ creation
of bogus MACs - per MAC standards those listed should not violate /
step -on others in your network and can therefore be used to build the
logical IP layer on top of them, e.g., do Vlan ACL (VACLs) and forget
about them.

- --
Erwin (Chris) Louis Carrow,
CISSP, INFOSEC, CSSP, CCNP, OCM
IT Auditor II
Board of Regents, University System of Georgia
270 Washington Street S.W., Ste. 7087
Atlanta, GA 30334
(404)657-9890 Office, (678)644-3526 Cell, Email: erwin.carrow () usg edu