Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Laptop

From: "Spransy, Derek" <DSPRANS () EMORY EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 12:15:26 -0400

This article that I ran across a few months ago might be an interesting new development along the lines of this
conversation:
http://blocksandfiles.com/article/3989

I'm  a little skeptical of some of the features described in this article, but marrying the ability to remotely
lock/wipe data along with asset recovery is an interesting idea.  Regardless of how this particular solution works, I'm
sure we'll be seeing more options like it in the future.

Derek Spransy
IT Security Lead
Emory College of Arts & Sciences
404-712-8798