Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Product request - Enterprise whole disk encryption for laptops

From: Charlie Prothero <Charlie.Prothero () KEYSTONE EDU>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 14:44:26 -0400

Roger's comment on risk management brings to mind the question of whether or not someone should even be allowed to put
sensitive data on a laptop, though this is a bit off-topic vis-à-vis this discussion.  Citrix, MS Terminal Services,
VNC and many other remote access services allow laptop users to interact with data and software through secure
connections and without putting any actual data on the device.  That's the direction Keystone College has adopted for
the time being...

- Charlie