Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Product request - Enterprise whole disk encryption for laptops

From: James H Moore <jhmfa () RIT EDU>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 02:05:34 -0400

EFS is not very strong, at present.  Elcomsoft has a data recovery tool.

Jim

- - - -
Jim Moore, CISSP, IAM
Information Security Officer
Rochester Institute of Technology
13 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623-5603
(585) 475-5406 (office)
(585) 475-4122 (lab)
(585) 475-7950 (fax)

"We will have a chance when we are as efficient at communicating
information security best practices, as hackers and criminals are at
sharing attack information"  - Peter Presidio