Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Product request - Enterprise whole disk encryption for laptops

From: David Morton <dmorton () U WASHINGTON EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:31:36 -0700

While not whole disk encryption, we are in the process of looking at
TrueCrypt (www.truecrypt.org) as a solution of encrypting volumes of
data on laptops. True Crypt allows for key recovery and some other
nice features.

Does anyone have experience using True Crypt in a major way?

Thanks

David

David Morton
Director, Security Solutions