Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Exchange Server Virus Scanning

From: "Hall, Rand" <rand () MERRIMACK EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:52:20 -0500

it only took one variant to slip past to create a
damned nuisance.

* I still don't think you're getting the point.

McAfee's buffer overflow protection was 6 for 6. It doesn't much matter
how well you do heuristically in that case.**

Again, timeliness is often a bogus metric. If a virus is not widespread
does it matter how quickly a signature's written for it?

Cheers,
Rand

*Mmmm, ;-)
**Though, even at 2 for 6 they were better than the competition ;-p
--
Rand P. Hall * Director, Network Services
Merrimack College * SunGard Higher Education

CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error,