Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Exchange Server Virus Scanning

From: Tim Rhoades <trhoades () UWB EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:02:18 -0800

Thanks all for your thoughtful ideas on this. This gives me (and
hopefully others) the right ammunition to evaluate our approach.

The overall theme I am seeing is that, while AV on your Exchange servers
is great, getting them on your SPAM gateways is clearly an important
factor as well.

One of Antigen's prime selling points for us was that they ran 8 (more
now) different scanning engines including Kaspersky, Sophos, Norman,
NAI, and others. Do the other products you've talked about have the
multi-engine aspects as well?

Tim Rhoades
Network Manager
University of Washington - Bothell