Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Perhaps OT - recommendations for vendors of prox/mag stripe readers and management software

From: Jason Richardson <A00JER2 () WPO CSO NIU EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:55:32 -0600

Hi all, as this question pertains more to physical security this might
be a bit OT for this forum, but here goes.  We currently control access
to our computer center (data center and NOC) and several other areas
with stand-alone prox card readers.  The readers and locks are Schlage,
and the software that we use is Locknetics' Locklink package (Locknetics
is a subsidiary of Ingersoll Rand).  We want to upgrade the software
that we are using and, down the road, the hardware too.  We are looking
at what IR has to offer, but I am interested in looking at other vendors
also.  Does anyone have a recommendation?

TIA,

---
Jason Richardson
Manager, IT Security and Client Development
Enterprise Systems Support
Northern Illinois University