Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Copyright - Timely notice

From: Gary Flynn <flynngn () JMU EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 13:47:44 -0500

Jim Williams wrote:

There's only one portion of the DMCA that is time sensitive & is defined in
the statute that I know of - the 10 day window of opportunity in which the
accused has to file a counter claim.  That, according to my read of the law,
doesn't start until the notice is received by your registered claims agent.

Does that mean if the organization doesn't notify the
individual accused in a timely manner, the accused
has lost the opportunity to file a counter claim?

--
Gary Flynn
Security Engineer