Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Copyright - Timely notice

From: Jim Williams <jim.williams () UAF EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:27:59 -0900

There's only one portion of the DMCA that is time sensitive & is defined in
the statute that I know of - the 10 day window of opportunity in which the
accused has to file a counter claim.  That, according to my read of the law,
doesn't start until the notice is received by your registered claims agent.

All of that aside, our DHCP & firewall translation logs are on a 62 day
cycle.  If the notice is for outside that window, we reply with a note to
that effect.

Dick Jacobson wrote:
First, let me state that we do act on notices we receive regarding
[snip]

--
Jim Williams, CISSP CCNA                        PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/
Systems and Network Security Officer            ID 0x4C4D9F19