Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Risks of File Transfer on a Fully Switched Network

From: Huba Leidenfrost <huba () UIDAHO EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:15:27 -0800

Chad,

If you have your presentation/demo for sniffing on a switched network I'd be
interested in adding it to my presentations toolbelt.  I'm assuming you used
something like dsniff/arpredirect & fragrouter.  Who was your target
audience exactly?  Management or other technical network/system
administration folks?  I'm more interested in the format of your
presentation then the actual tools.  And I'm curious if you did any other
demonstrations like CDP neighbor DoS or such.

Finally, after your demonstration were you successful in obtaining a sunset
timetable for blocking cleartext authentication (at least on more sensitive
networks)?

Curious,

Huba Leidenfrost
ITS Security Analyst