Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Recommended Security Camera Equipment

From: "Griffin, Charles" <Charles.Griffin () QUINNIPIAC EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:44:25 -0400

We are using Sony on Cat5 with PTZ and fixed on each of our guardhouses.
All cameras are IP based and can be viewed and controlled through a
simple browser interface from inside the guardhouse. The recorder is in
the data center and the security dispatcher has a "fat client" to view
and control all cameras. The resolution on the Sony PTZ's is great!

Charles Griffin CISSP, CCNA

Information Security Officer