Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Recommended Security Camera Equipment

From: "Parker, Ben C" <parkerbc () MUC EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:52:18 -0400

We are currently in the process of installing 26 IP based security
cameras.  It has been a disaster primarily because of the company we
went with I believe.  Somehow we are on some sort of GE beta site using
beta cameras and beta software.  This was without knowing we were using
beta until nothing worked.  If you would like to contact me off list, I
will give you the companies name and be glad to more fully explain what
some of the pitfalls to watch out for are.

Ben Parker

Mount Union College

 Network Support Tech